Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Let's get ready to sew . . . . .

Of course, for some of you, you have been sewing for hours. . . . Or haven't started yet. . . . depending on whether you just had your breakfast or you are cleaning up the dinner dishes.   Whatever you are doing, I hope it's something Christmasy and the family isn't laughing too hard when you told them what you are doing!

Me?  I have several projects I need to work on the next few months that I really thought I would finish last year.

Here they are in no particular order . . . .

Remember this one I was so close on and never finished.  I had great plans.  I think this one just needs the sashing and the borders....
 

And this one that said needed applique before I quilted it . . . . . .


And these great stitcheries from Gail Pan that I never did anything with . . . . .


And my Star Trip in Christmas colors that still needs a few more blocks to make it complete . . . . 


And finally this cute little snowman that I won from Carol's blog last fall that is still waiting to be made into a giftie to someone special for LAST Christmas.


So as you see, I didn't follow my own advice and work on these Christmas quilt/gifts all during the year.

But this year is different!

If you have just joined us, please visit the Christmas Quilt Along 2011 tab just under my header to see what today is all about.

Blessings, Cathi

14 comments:

Sherry said...

HI Cathi I love that your starting the things that you wanted done last year. It made me think I should do the same thing BUT will I LOL. I love the first quilt you have do you know where you got the pattern for it.

Melanie said...

OK -- you rock.... It's still snowing where I'm at, plus I never get tired of red and green. You are going to be so thrilled at getting these things done...The Gail Pan design can be used year round....

Shellie said...

You have plenty to work on. I remember the first quilt toptobe you have posted from last time. yay.

I will work on the snowman wall hanging from the first season of Christmas quilt along.

Cheryll said...

You might need to work the whole weekend with that lot...lol. Enjoy whatever project you decide to do. I'll check back later.

Anonymous said...

Wowzers...you've got some projects to work on these special Saturdays!

QuiltSue said...

Crikey, Cathi, the Quiltalong is only for one day a month!

andsewon said...

All beautiful projects. Hope you had fun doing which ever one your chose. Pop xmas tunes in and go to town!
Here Sat and Sundays belong to DH so have to work around 'our time'.
I can use dark greens and reds all the time , fit right in!!
Have fun!
Hugs,
Lola

Scrappy quilter said...

Love what you're doing. Once home from work I'll be starting. I linked as well. Thanks for doing this.

Carol said...

I think it's a great idea. I saw a new magazine in the store yesterday for this very same thing - Mark Lipinski's Christmas 365.

Pattilou said...

My computer is on the fritz, but my sewing machine is working. Checking in while computer is still running--but it may close down anytime soon. Would love the pattern.

Karen said...

I like the houses on the first quilt. And the quilt that needs applique looks interesting. Guess I had better go back and read what your Christmas project thing is all about.

Country Prims said...

Love all those projects you have there, especially the first quilt,

I'm on board now for a wee while, as long as time permits:)

Shazy x

quiltma said...

Love all of your projects. I hope now that I'm on board I be more prepared for Christmas this year.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow so pretty, those are going to look awesome completed.